17th Edition Wiring Regulations (C&G 2382-12)
Course Reference: 2382-12 City & Guilds
Who is this Course For?
If you are an electrician, looking to gain an up-to-date qualification relating to the IET Requirements for Electrical Installations to BS7671:2008(2011), then this could be the course for you.
Why Take this Course?
This course will give you an up-to-date knowledge of BS7671:2008(2011) and ensure you have the understanding to fully comply with the industry required qualifications for the new, amended 17th Edition Regulations.
This Course Covers (over 3 days)
During this three day course you will learn how to effectively interpret and implement the standards of BS7671:2008(2011). This will enable you to contextualise the appropriate regulations for a variety of installations and locations. The course will be delivered via the following themes:
• Scope, object and fundamental principles
• Assessment of general characteristics
• Protection for safety
• Electric shock, earthing systems and earth fault loop impedance
• Selection and erection of equipment
• Special installations and locations
• Inspection and testing
• Use of appendices
This course is based on BS7671:2008(2011), does not contain any practical elements and incorporates:
• Discuss relevant publications in relation to BS7671:2008(2011) incorporating Amendment No 1: 2011
• Discuss the scheme structure, assessment process and underpinning knowledge requirements
• (BS7671:2008(2011) Part 1&2) Scope, Object, Fundamental Principles and Definitions. Includes the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974- Electricity at Work Regulations 1989
• (BS7671:2008(2011) Part 3) Assessment of General Characteristics. Includes Maximum Demand, conductor arrangements and types of system earthing, Nature of Supply and Installation circuit arrangements
• (BS7671:2008(2011) Part 4) Protection for Safety. Includes Electric Shock Protection by basic insulation and fault protection. System Earthing, Earth Fault Loop Impedance, Protection against fire, burns, Over-current and Fault Current
• (BS7671:2008(2011) Part 5) Selection and Erection of Equipment. Includes Selection and Erection of wiring systems, isolation and switching, earthing requirements and productive conductors and other equipment
• (BS7671:2008(2011) Part 6) Inspection and Testing. Includes initial Verification, periodic Testing & Inspection
• (BS7671:2008(2011) Part 7) Special Locations. Includes Locations Containing a Bath or Shower, Swimming Pools, Hot Air Saunas, Construction sites, Marinas, PV systems, Agriculture and horticultural locations, conducting locations with restrictive movement, Caravans and Caravan Sites etc
• Use of Appendices. Including British Standards, Statutory Regulations, Associated Memoranda, Time Current Characteristics, CSA of Conductors, Classification of external influences, Model Forms for Certification, Harmonisation of cable colours and Harmonics etc. City & Guilds Exam.
• BS7671:2008(2011) online 2 hour multiple choice City & Guild exam
This course includes a two hour multiple-choice online exam, externally set by City & Guilds (2382-12). Passing this exam will demonstrate Wiring Regulations competence that will count towards the requirements of NAPIT Full-Scope / Defined Scope Electrical membership.
The course involves an ‘open book’ exam, which will allow you to use relevant literature as a point of reference to complete your paper. NAPIT provide all reference materials and literature for clean book courses such as this.
On Completion of the Course
Candidates will be conversant with IET 17th Edition Electrical Wiring Regulations and receive a C&G Level 3 Award in the Requirements for Electrical Installations BS7671:2008(2011).
Members: £460.00 + VAT
Non-members: £485.00 + VAT
Discounted when booked as a combined dual course (C&G 2382-12 & NA-2391-5)