archived Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations (C&G 2391)
Course Reference: C&G2391 City & Guilds
Who this course is for
This course is for practicing electricians experienced in inspection and testing wishing to update their skills and become competent in all aspects of inspection, testing and certification.
This 4 day course covers
Inspection, testing and certification to BS7671: 2008 (2011) Incorporating Amendment No 1: 2011.
Please note this course does not provide any practical instruction as candidates should already possess these skills.
Inspection, testing and certification of electrical installations is a 4 day course including a 4 hour practical assessment followed by a separate 2.5 hour closed book written exam, externally set by City & Guilds.
Introductions: Discuss relevant publications in relation to BS7671: 2008 (2011) Incorporating Amendment No 1: 2011 and issued course notes.
• Discuss the scheme structure, assessment process and underpinning knowledge requirements.
• Legal Responsibilities. 17th Edition Legal Status and relationship with other legislation, visual inspection and general installation characteristics.
• Guidance Note 3 Inspection and Testing, Testing: Earth Loop Impedance, PFC and completing Electrical Installation Certificates. Exam questions & exam technique.
• Periodic testing and section 4 test instruments. RCDs Complete report for Periodic Inspection and Testing.
• Exam questions & exam technique.
• Practical assessment on Electrical Installations, completion of Electrical Installation Certificates and Electrical Installation Condition Reports, covering periodic inspection and testing.
City & Guilds Theory Exam
Closed book written exam set only by City & Guilds on specific dates on Thursday evenings throughout the year at 18:30-21:00pm. The closed book theory assessment is a written paper examination taking 2.5 hours.
The 4 hour practical assessments are undertaken on City & Guilds-approved test rigs.
NAPIT provide all reference materials and/or test equipment; delegates wishing to use their own instruments must bring a current, in date calibration certificate.
On completion of the course
Delegates will be conversant with BS7671: 2008 (2011) Incorporating Amendment No 1: 2011. Guidance Note 3, IET Onsite Guide, Test Certificates and Reports for electrical installations and practical tests associated with those certificates and reports.
The passing of the exam connected with this course provides the Inspection and Testing competence required for NAPIT Full-Scope Electrical membership.
Costs (excl. VAT)
Members- £550.00. Non-members- £585.00.